Sorting through the boxes and folders of lesson plans, lectures and articles I wrote during my years of teaching creative movement and physical theater, I found my notes for a discussion on ‘creative thinking for creative movers’.
A perfect reminder for the beginning of a new year – for movers and writers.
- Perspective shift
- Listen to the movement [words, phrases, sentences, image…]
- Mess up the obvious
- Try the opposite
- Don’t think, just get on with it
- Wait a moment, what’s going on here?
- Let the movement [phrase, image…] take you somewhere else – somewhere new
- Let go of the linear – it’s a world to imagine
- Go with your personal vision
- Make the most of serendipity
- Enjoy unexpected juxtapositions
- Be here, now
- Surprise yourself
Happy New Year!