We are what we eat, so it’s said. Doesn’t it stand to reason then, that we write what we eat?
If this is so, then I’m going paleo.
Judging by this postcard ad for Paleo Treats©, my writing would have:
- Audacity. What every writer needs.
- Energy. Ditto.
- Focus. Tight, succinct writing. Only the essential.
- Immediacy. Action through sensory details – visual, kinetic, tactile.
- Spine-tingling peripeteia. A turning point, total reversal. Start one way, end another.
- No sense of limits. Things happen. Ramp up the action – again and again.
If those goji Paleo Treats© (Cacao Now) are going to do the trick, that’s certainly no hardship. Mmmmmmm. Better go work on my writing. Yum. Another one maybe? Got to eat for two – me and my story.